I was thinking the other day how cozy and wonderful a winter wedding would be. If you feel like everything has been done already and you don’t want your wedding to be like all your friends, consider a winter wedding. Dare to be different!
Four reasons to have a winter wedding…….
1) You get to accessorize your gown with fur or faux fur!
photo courtesy of a-la-parisienne.blogspot.com
2) Winter floral smells….pine, cedar, paperwhites, lilies, and roses to just name a few.
Tara McHugh Flora
3) Color schemes:
– ivory & green with a hint of chocolate (think pine cones, magnolia leaves and branches)
– deep jewel tones of ruby, sapphire and emerald (amaryllis, glossy camellia leaves, )
– grey and white (think dusty miller and eucalyptus)
– antique gold and blush pink (perhaps a vintage flare, maybe some feathers)
4) You can add some holiday drama. Line church pews with cedar garland or hang mini wreaths down the aisle. And it’s not the holidays without some sparkle, try hanging crystals from large branches at the altar, or in your center pieces, or one single droplet from your bouquet. I would say this one time of year you can’t have too much sparkle!
courtesy of http://www.zenadiadesign.com/archives/category/color-palette/silver